[Qt-interest] Screen flashes in Qt 4.5 on Nokia n810 when clicking QAbstractItemView children

Neil Hooey nhooey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:02:19 CEST 2009

I have an elaborate Qt 4.5 application running on the Nokia n810
Internet Tablet, and whenever I click on a QTableView, a QComboBox, or
anything inherited from a QAbstractItemView, the screen flashes
briefly, sometimes with visible tearing artifacts. This happens even
in the trivial case of a QTableView without a model.

However, when writing a small demo application, it doesn't flash. I'm
trying to binary search the code for the application by cutting out
huge chunks, but this will take a lot of time.

The bug is reproducable in Scratchbox 2 and on the device, but not in
Scratchbox 1 for some reason.

Has anyone seen this bug before?

- Neil