[Qt-interest] QItemDelegate and QDateEdit

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Thu Jun 11 21:47:22 CEST 2009

I have a QTableView to which I have applied custom delegates that
display a QDateEdit on one column and a QTimeEdit on another when
editing. By setting the display format for each in the createEditor
function, I have them displaying their values in ISO format (yyyy-MM-
dd and H:mm:ss). I need the values to be stored in the same format.
But after the editor closes, the values are inserted into the table in
standard format, i.e. 6/11/09 and 11:45 am. Of course the table itself
doesn't care, and the editors still work, but if the values are stored
in that format it could seriously mess up my data storage and
retrieval. How can I get the dates/times stored in ISO format? Or is
it really working fine, just displaying wrong? Thanks.
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd