[Qt-interest] Phonon troubles...

Oliver Demetz forenbeitraege at oliverdemetz.de
Sat Jun 13 00:46:50 CEST 2009

Hi Gary,
I can just guess what might be your problem, and to behonest, I also do
not have any experience with phonon.
But I also had trouble with the plugin mechanism of qt (I was concerned
with qca, a crypto library).
There, the library dynamically loaded plugins from a very special plugin
path where the dll's had to lie. The thing was that nobody complained
that the  plugnin could not be loaded because the qt-library just tries
to load *every* plugin it can find.

So you should check that there is not just a plugin missing on the
remote system. I had to alter

  QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath(QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath());

so that plugins are alo searched in the path where the exe lies.

regards,
Oliver