[Qt-interest] Rookie without missunderstanding of QTreeView

Aleksandar Lazic al-qtinterest at none.at
Tue Jun 16 20:33:45 CEST 2009

Dear List,

I try a 'more or less' simple step.

1.) open a XML File
2.) Display the content as tree.

The 1st step was easy.

###
void qtXml01::on_actionOpen_triggered(){

   QString filePath = QFileDialog::getOpenFileName(this, tr("Open
   File"),QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath(),tr("XML-Files
   (*.xml);;All Files(*.*)"));

     if( filePath.isEmpty() ){
         QMessageBox::critical(this,tr("File selection error"),tr("No file was selected"));
         return;
     }

     QFile file(filePath);

     if (!file.open(QFile::ReadOnly | QFile::Text)){
       QMessageBox::critical(this,tr("File open error"),tr("File unable
       to open"));
       return;
     }

     QString errorStr;
     int errorLine;
     int errorColumn;

     if (!MyDomdoc.setContent(&file,true, &errorStr, &errorLine,&errorColumn)) {
       QMessageBox::critical(this, tr("DOM IO"),
                                   tr("Parse error at line %1, column %2:\nError: %3")
                                   .arg(errorLine)
                                   .arg(errorColumn)
                                   .arg(errorStr));

       file.close();
       return;
     }
     file.close();
}
###

The 2nd thing is looks to me very difficult.

In which state change the Qt after the on_actionOpen_triggered()
I'am sure I have overread something of the book

C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4

and

http://doc.qtsoftware.com/4.5/xml-dombookmarks.html

Please can anybody point me to the right way?

Many thanks.

Cheers

Aleks