[Qt-interest] Compiling QT Windows with gcc 4.3

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at sescoi.fr
Wed Jun 17 08:27:45 CEST 2009

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal wrote:
> Is there any chance to compile QT (>=4.4) with newer versions of gcc 4.3
> ? I tried to download the gcc 4.3 experimental package from mingw site,
> but ld crashes during qt configure step.
>
> I need gcc 4.3 for vectorized SSE optimizations on simple cases (loop
> additions) and if I could avoid putting intrinsics in my code I would
> certainly do.

I had success compiling Qt using TDM MinGW, see:
http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/

Here's the contents of my "configure.cache" file:
-webkit
-no-phonon
-no-dbus
-no-direct3d
-sse2
-sse
-3dnow
-mmx
-rtti
-no-vcproj
-no-dsp
-qt-libjpeg
-qt-libmng
-qt-libpng
-qt-libtiff
-qt-zlib
-no-qt3support
-qt-sql-sqlite
-debug-and-release
-opensource

Hope this helps.

--
     /- Yves Bailly - Software developper  -\
     \- Sescoi France http://www.sescoi.fr -/