[Qt-interest] Qpixmap::grabWidget format issue

chetan.jain at nokia.com chetan.jain at nokia.com
Tue Jun 16 22:23:35 CEST 2009

Hi,
I have a QGraphicsView, with a QGraphicsPixmapItem that is showing a convoluted image (original image is Format_ARGB32_premultiplied format).
For a specific scenario, I have to grab the entire view. But there is an ugly gray edge to the convoluted image when I do this.

I was using this code,
    QPixmap pixmap = QPixmap::grabWidget(view);
    QImage image = pixmap.toImage();

But at this point I find that the image is Format_RGB32 and I suspect that some of the alpha value was lost.
I tried widget.render(paintdevice, ....) instead, but still no luck.

I'm using a Win XP box.

Can anyone help with the same.
BR
Chetan