[Qt-interest] QSettings created in one thread, accessed from another

Patric userqt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:41:10 CEST 2009

Hello all,
I have noticed one interesting thing, which I can't explain to myself.
I have a GUI application with one worker thread. I was working around with QSettings recently, my QSettings settings object was initialized in the constructor of my worker thread. And when I was trying to use it from that thread... it was not working. Anyway, I moved the creation of my settings object in my run method. Now it works.
But does anyone have an idea why it was not working when it was initialized in the main thread ? QSettings is not event driven.
Also I have another object initialized in the constructor of the worker thread (it's an instance of a class created by me), which I'm accessing from it and there is no problem.

Thank you

Best regards,
Patric

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4098 (20090522) __________