[Qt-interest] How to create a release version

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:40:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 18/06/2009, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Sujan Dasmahapatra wrote:
>
>> So can you tell me the guidelines for creating a release version of my
>> software. ? Thanks
>
> Qt Software has alread told you:
> http://doc.qtsoftware.com/4.5/deployment.html.

I think you missed the point. I think Sujan wants to know *in general*
how one *packages/prepares* a software product for Linux.

Sujan:

I think this is out of scope for the Qt-Interest list... But you would
maybe make an installer, and create some scripts that do the
LB_LIBRARY_PATH setup for you etc. Google for installers and take a
look at various installer scripts that are distributed with some
applications.

eg. on this machine, 'firefox' is what one would type to start Firefox
browser, but is in fact a shellscript that sets up a number of
environment variables, and then finally calls firefox-bin  (AFAIR).

Srdjan