[Qt-interest] Issue before release

Sujan Dasmahapatra sdh at lmglasfiber.com
Fri Jun 19 11:19:15 CEST 2009

Dear Friends

My software version 1.1 is ready for release just one issue I have to
resolve before I release.My software is an engineering software where I
read various data file (points) and create a curve with those pointd and
display that on the screen.

I have a scene(QGraphicsScene) and a view(QGraphicsView) I have set that
scene on the view constructor.Now every time I load a new curve  I
simply add the curve into my scene.For some geometries the loading is
not proper....

Can somebody tell me what other  matters I  need to consider  for

I have followe these steps.

1.       Read the data file (set of points) - reading through file
dialog.

2.       Create a polyline with those data points which is a graphics
item(QGraphicsItem).......drawPolyline(points,numberofpoints)

3.       Add that graphics item into the scene(addItem).

4.       Fit the geometry in the view.(fitInView).

These 4 major steps I am executing  for loading a geometry on the
screen...I think I am missing somethingelse so for some cases they're
not being loaded properly in turn what happenes is not geometry is
visible or the geometry is somewhereelse on the screen/view I can't
see.Why this is happening can anyone please tell me.

Kind regards,
LM Glasfiber R&D (India) Pvt. Ltd.

Sujan Dasmahapatra
Project Engineer - CFD

Telephone: +91 80 66470248
Mobile:
E-mail: sdh at lmglasfiber.com <mailto:sdh at lmglasfiber.com>

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
named or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do
not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose or
store or copy the information in any medium. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use or storage is prohibited and might be unlawful.