[Qt-interest] unexposed _NET_WM_STATE hints

Chris Grebeldinger Chris.Grebeldinger at autodesk.com
Tue Jun 23 15:56:30 CEST 2009

Hi,
  I have been setting _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR and _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_PAGER hints manually for transient windows that I don't want showing up in the pager or taskbar, because I couldn't find a way to do it through the QWidget methods that worked with all window managers.  Is there a good reason these hints are not exposed ?  (Defined here: http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/1.3/ar01s05.html)

Thanks