[Qt-interest] Major bug in QAbstractSocket's methodwaitForReadyRead()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Thu Jun 25 16:12:24 CEST 2009

Em Quinta-feira 25 Junho 2009, às 14:05:12, John McClurkin escreveu:
> I don't think that this any mystery. By your own tests, waitForReadyRead
> waits the designated period when the network is functioning correctly,
> but doesn't wait when there is a network error. Isn't this just what the
> documentation below says?

Note that "network error" doesn't mean cable disconnected.

If the UDP socket receives an error reply (like ICMP Port Unreachable), that
is considered network error and the waitForReadyRead() will stop. If you don't
want to handle that error, you can resume waiting for the remainder of the
time.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software