[Qt-interest] QCompleter: combined completion mode?

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Fri Jun 26 18:37:11 CEST 2009

Is there any way to do a "combined completion mode" in a QCompleter?
That is, from what I can tell, you have your choice of
inlineCompletion, which fills in the remainder of the QLineEdit with
the most likely completion based on what you have typed, OR
popupCompletion, which just displays a menu of possible completions.
What I am looking for is a combination of the two: the QLineEdit is
filled in with the most likely, but it also shows a pop-up menu of
other possible completions. That way, if the "most likely" completion
is correct, you don't have to do anything, it is already filled in.
However, if it is wrong, you can just select the correct one from the
menu, rather than having to type out (sometimes significantly) more of
the word/phrase, and remember exactly how it was formated. Is this
possible?
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.