[Qt-interest] Strange error on package creation, difference in libraries ?

Oliver Demetz forenbeitraege at oliverdemetz.de
Sun Jun 28 11:10:21 CEST 2009

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Patric wrote:
>> Ah, I see.
>> And why is this done ? Why are there 2 copies of the dlls compiled with
>> two different compilers ?
>
> Because the Microsoft compiler produces much faster and better code than
> MinGW. So we decided to compile QtCreator with the Microsoft compiler
> because it gives you a better performance.

Hi,
this point is really interesting for me.
Is this true, that the Microsoft compiled code is faster and "better"?
What does "better" mean in this context?

Also since I am not a friend of the newer versions (2005 and 2008) of
Visual Studio, is this also the case for VS 2003?

Thank you for sharing your insights in advance,
with best regards,
Oliver