[Qt-interest] Taskbar functionality failure for Qt Application

Kamakshi Sivaraman Kamakshi.Sivaraman at lntinfotech.com
Tue Jun 30 06:50:14 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Thanks to all for the reply,
But due to such restriction in frameless window, I have to live with the
problem as Andreas said.
I also mailed to Qt-Software division to check upon this.

Regards,
S.KAMAKSHI

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

"Malyushytsky, Alex" <alex at wai.com>
Sent by: qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com
06/30/2009 02:54 AM

"qt-interest at trolltech.com" <qt-interest at trolltech.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Qt-interest] Please Reply :- Taskbar functionality failure for Qt
Application

Frameless Window is a special  windows which comes with some restrictions
I believe.
>From QT documentation

" Qt::FramelessWindowHint
Produces a borderless window. The user cannot move or resize a borderless
window via the window system. On X11, the result of the flag is dependent
on the window manager and its ability to understand Motif and/or NETWM
hints. Most existing modern window managers can handle this."
Does this answer your question?

Regards,
  Alex