[Qt-interest] Setting background color of Qdial subclass

John Posner jjposner at snet.net
Sun Mar 1 18:06:49 CET 2009

[ this is my first message to this list; please inform me of any errors in
format or courtesy ]

Using PyQt 4.4.4-2 on Windows XP:

In a subclass of QDial, I want the entire widget to become gray when it is
disabled. This code:

    mypal = app.palette()
    mypal.setColor(QPalette.Disabled, QPalette.Button, Qt.lightGray)
    self.setPalette(mypal)

... changes the color of a disabled dial's pointer to light gray, but does
not change the color of the circular background. I've tried this:

    self.setBackgroundRole(QPalette.Window)

... (and other QPalette.XXX argument values, too), but the circular
background's color never changes with the widget's enabled/disabled state.

Can anyone help?

Tx,
John Posner

Database version: 5.11860