[Qt-interest] unbale to build Qt4.5.0 out of source

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 15:34:00 CET 2009

On 05.03.09 12:15:49, Mathieu MARACHE wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> 2009/3/5 R. Reucher <rene.reucher at batcom-it.net>:
> > On Thu March 5 2009 11:42:09 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> AFAIK thats simply not supported. The Qt buildsystem only allows for real
> >> "out of source" builds, not having the builddir inside the source tree.
> > That's also my understanding... what I could imagine though would be using
> > lndir on a separate directory and to build in that... but why bother anyway?
>
> Well Qt is one of my external dependencies and thus is stored in a
> intern vcs repository. It is then used by a continuous integration
> build system that updates and build the code. This CI cannot write
> outside of the checked out code directory and it is (much) faster to
> remove one directory to clean a build than to delete everything and
> recheckout the code.

Then put a "dummy" dir into that VCS that contains the build subdir as well
as the unpacked sources. Then check that out for your continous build.

Apart from that rm -rf build is as easy inside qt-x11-... as in one
directory above that.

> but now, qmake seems to have the same problem, it does'nt include the
> correct path for the moc'ed objects :

Right, the problem is not the syncqt, but the fact that qmake itself is
incapable of these things.

Andreas

--
There is a 20% chance of tomorrow.