[Qt-interest] unbale to build Qt4.5.0 out of source

andrew.m.goth at l-3com.com andrew.m.goth at l-3com.com
Thu Mar 5 18:11:25 CET 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> The Qt buildsystem only allows for real "out of source" builds, not
> having the builddir inside the source tree.

Just the other day I successfully built Qt 4.5 using this sequence of
commands:

cd ~/build
tar xzf ~/download/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.5.0.tar.gz
mkdir qt-x11-commercial-src-4.5.0-build
cd qt-x11-commercial-src-4.5.0-build
../qt-x11-commercial-src-4.5.0/configure --prefix="$HOME"/pkg/qt\
    --debug --no-webkit
make -j3
make install
cd ..
rm -rf qt-x11-commercial-src-4.5.0-build

This way I avoid polluting my source tree with generated files.  I
frequently refer to the Qt sources, so this is important to me.

I enable debug because I often use gdb to investigate the complex
interactions between Qt and my code.

I disable WebKit becuse I have gcc 3.4.6.  See bug #241819.

I install to ~/pkg/qt since I don't have root access on my own machine.
That is sitting on my desk.  On which I am the only user.  *sigh*

Hope this helps!

--
Andy Goth
<amgoth at link.com>