[Qt-interest] Qt 4.5.0 cocoa build issues

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Thu Mar 5 20:51:10 CET 2009

I'm having a couple of issues with a cocoa build of Qt 4.5.0 on my OS
X 10.5.6 machine that I am not seeing with the standard build.

1) Window positioning seems to be somewhat inconsistent. In my app, I
have the closeEvent set to save the window size and position using
QSettings. Then, in the constructor I read those settings back in and
use move() and resize() to apply them (as recommended in Window
Geometry documentation). On the cocoa build, however I get the
following behavior:
	1a)If I move the window, close it (thus triggering the save) and then
reopen it, it behaves as though the save ignored the tool bar, but the
resize didn't, i.e. the window shrinks vertically by the size of the
toolbar.
	1b) if I close the window WITHOUT having moved it (which, as far as I
can tell executes the same code) I get the same behavior as above,
with the addition of the window being shifted up by the same amount as
it shrinks.

2) Dialogs (using QMessageBox::critical or the like) sometimes flash
for a moment on the screen in one location, then open centered over
their parent window horizontally, but shifted down towards the bottom
significantly- how far down seems to be dependent on the size of the
parent window.

3) QAction.setEnabled(false); does not appear to have any effect on
menu items. It still works on the same action in a tool bar, however
the menu item remains selectable, and runs when chosen.

As I said, all this runs properly when using the standard build of Qt
4.5.0, it is just the cocoa build that gives me issues. Are these bugs
in the cocoa implementation? Or do I just have a screwy build? Thanks.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd