[Qt-interest] Painting on QGLPixelBuffer

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:37:37 CET 2009

I regret having to say this, mainly because I'm not in the best
situation to make such a statement, but when it comes to clear, simple
and easy guides and tutorials, with Qt you usually don't have much
luck.

What I'm trying to do is to port QGLWidget 2D Painting example to
QGLPixelBuffer. Basically I need to make the helper paint on a pbuffer
and use it as a dynamic texture for a GL_QUAD. I'm trying to discern
useful parts from the Pixel Buffers Example but I'm working under a
bit of pressure and I can't really focus on the matter. Isn't there
anywhere on the Internet an easier way to understand what's going on?
Because I successfully made a sort of that example into my application
but as of now I'm not able to figure out where the paintEvent routing
from 2D Painting would fit in this new framework.

Any help? Thank you very much.

--
Andrea