[Qt-interest] show a widget without a main window

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Sun Mar 8 12:04:38 CET 2009

Knowledge Seeker wrote:
>"At that point the operating system will re-claim all memory used by the
>application. "
> I dont agree to it, 'heap' if corrupted by user-application, the
>behavior of o/s is undefined to reclaim it back.

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. No matter what the application did to
its memory space, when the process exits, all of its memory is neatly
reclaimed by the operating system. There's no margin for undefined
behaviour: it simply gets inserted back into the many pools of free memory
pages.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software