[Qt-interest] show a widget without a main window

Malyushytsky, Alex alex at wai.com
Mon Mar 9 04:57:23 CET 2009

It is at least a bad style to rely on system to reclaim the memory.
Because not all systems which are currently in use do it.
Not all system are guarantee to do it in the future.

I believe Windows NT ( 2000 and older ) do reclaim memory, Windows 95 does not.
I am not sure about Windows 98, but expect it does not either.
And Windows 98 is even supported by QT 4.
So it is more than just C++ style problem, it is a leak.

Best regards all.

   Alex