[Qt-interest] Qt opensource on windows 64

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Mar 10 19:41:02 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to build my open source, Qt based software for 64 bits windows.
I am currently experimenting with the shiny new 4.5.0. I do not own Visual
Studio, but I have installed VS Express 2008. I would like to use an IDE to
build both 32 and 64 bits versions of my software. However, it seems I can
not conveniently use VS/E with Qt (as far as I could find using Google, VS/E
does not support plugins and I need those for integrating moc and the likes,
rigt?). On the other hand, I do not get how I can convince QtCreator to work
with a newer MinGW that does support 64 bits. In fact, I have not managed to
get that MinGW to compile Qt itself yet.

Can anyone please point me to some clear documentation, blogs or whatever on
how to get started with open source-based, 64 bits development on Windows?
Thanks a lot!

André