[Qt-interest] Qt opensource on windows 64

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Mar 10 21:00:25 CET 2009

Hi,

"Constantin Makshin" <dinosaur-rus at users.sourceforge.net> schreef in bericht
news:op.uqla8eldp27x8p at dinosaur-rus.lcl.starlink.ru...
> IIRC, Visual Studio Express doesn't support development of 64-bit
> applications. You'll have to use the compiler from Windows SDK and
> stand-alone version of the debugger. Quite inconvenient...
>
> Officially, MinGW doesn't have a 64-bit compiler, too. There's an
> unofficial 64-bit Windows version of GCC at
> http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net . You may try it.

That MinGW version is exactly how far I got, actually. Problem is: how to
make Qt play nice with it? I downloaded the SDK, but it ships it's own
version of MinGW, which is based on a very version of GCC. I can't imagine
I'm the first to actually try to harnass the capabilities of his shiny 64
bit machine on Windows?

André