[Qt-interest] Intercept Esc and Return/Enter keys in a QComboBox line edit

chandrasekar wagmare sekarwagmare at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:36:22 CET 2009

simple i also crossed this problem ...
      this because of using dialog as parent .. use this ..
  QAction *quitAction = new QAction(tr(""), this);
        quitAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::Key_Escape));
        connect(quitAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(goMainPage()));
        addAction(quitAction);

        QAction *quit2Action = new QAction(tr("E&xit"), this);
        quit2Action->setShortcut(tr("Ctrl+Q"));
        connect(quit2Action, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(askQuit()));
        addAction(quit2Action);

or else
          reimplement QCloseEvent to certain condition ...

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Luper Rouch <luper.rouch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to make a QComboBox that acts like this :
>  * if the last item is selected:
>    * make the combo box editable,
>    * select the text in the combo box line edit then,
>    * if the user presses Esc: return the combo box to its initial state
>    * if the user presses Return, Enter or the focus leaves the combo
>      box:
>      * insert the edited text as a new item in the combo box
>      * return the combo box to its initial, non editable state
>
> What I have done is almost working, except that when Esc or Return is
> pressed, the key press is also passed to the parent dialog, which closes
> it. How could I "trap" the key press in the line edit while it's being
> edited ?
>
> Thanks,
> Luper

CHANDRU