[Qt-interest] Mac 10.5.6 Qt3 messed up X11 fonts

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Mar 18 15:29:24 CET 2009

We have been porting our in house software for the Mac for years. It was
until recently, after the update to 10.5.6, that the Qt3 fonts on Apple's
X11 server stopped working. All the X11 fonts in our Qt app are squiggly
lines. I am attaching a screenshot of a pop up window.

http://mann.uthscsa.edu/images/screenshot.tiff

I have cleared the system and User font caches, restarted the ATS server,
rebuilt the X11 font cache and the problem is still there.

If I run our app on a test 10.4 system, the fonts display as they should.

Any ideas?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu