[Qt-interest] Mac 10.5.6 Qt3 messed up X11 fonts

Murphy, Sean M. sean.murphy at gd-ais.com
Wed Mar 18 16:32:34 CET 2009

The only font related idea I have is are you explicitly setting the font
in your application?  If so, try setting to a different one, or a
different size.  If you aren't explicitly setting the font, maybe try to
and see if that helps?  Also you say you cleared the system and User
fonts, but I *think* (not 100% positive) X11 uses the fonts located in
/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts, I don't think (again, not 100% positive) X11
uses the same fonts as "normal" Mac applications, so did you check the
fonts located in that location?

Unfortunately I probably didn't solve your problem, but is there a good
reason you are using the X11 version on the Mac?

If you're app is just a pure C++/Qt application, you can just dump the
X11 version and use the Mac native version.  If you want to go down that
route, you *can* get Qt 3.3.8 to compile on Leopard using the hints
posted here: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13208 specifically the link
to  here
http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/fink/dists/10.4/unstable/main
/finkinfo/graphics/qt3mac.patch2

I'd definitely recommend getting off X11 on the Mac side if at all
possible.  Also, I should probably toss in the obligatory "and move to
Qt4 too if you can" comment!

Sean