[Qt-interest] Assistant and sqlite based help files.

karsten.heimrich at nokia.com karsten.heimrich at nokia.com
Wed Mar 18 16:00:26 CET 2009

Hi,

Alex Kides schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to stop the assitant from creating/copying or sqlite based cache files?

Unfortunately no. These files store the user settings we need and we can't assume write permissions outside of the users home directory.

> The problem is that on HPUX and older nfs (v3) sqlite does not work properly (unable to create lock files) - if a user has their home directory in a shared disk (which is a distinct possibility on unixy platforms), then the help won't work.
>
> The only work around i can see so far is to change the assisant to ensure said cache files are read only and to modify the queries to specify the relevant pragma.  see http://www.nabble.com/Sqlite3-lock-issue-with-NFS-and-read-only-queries-td20576802.html.

We do run read and write queries on these files, so i guess this is no option. Especially since the implementation is marked experimental.

Regards,
--
Karsten Heimrich - karsten.heimrich (AT) nokia.com
Software Engineer - Nokia, Qt Software