[Qt-interest] Mac 10.5.6 Qt3 messed up X11 fonts

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Mar 18 20:17:15 CET 2009

Murphy, Sean M. wrote:

> To build the Mac OS X native version you should be building from
> qt-mac-free-3.3.8.tar.bz2 ***NOT*** from qt-x11-free-3.3.8.tar.bz2.  It
> looks like you can still download this version from
> ftp://ftp.qtsoftware.com/qt/source/ if you don't have the correct one on
> your system.
>
> I can try running the Mac OS X native version of fontdemo tonight and
> see if it works fine on my system.

Well I finally fixed it. I recompiled qtconfig, cleared my ~/.qt/qtrc file
and added:

[General]
font=Sans,12,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

Launched qtconfig (NOW I can see with X11 fonts!!) and added the font
library paths, saved and exited.

Now the fonts are back in our application.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility