[Qt-interest] 4.5 SDK: Qt dlls not found

Scott Aron Bloom Scott.Bloom at sabgroup.com
Sun Mar 22 09:10:18 CET 2009

However
> > when I try to run the exe normally, I get "failed to start because
> > QtCore4.dll was not found".  The proper Qt bin directory is on PATH.
> >
> > Did not have this problem with my previous Qt 4.4.3 installation
(now
> > uninstalled).
> > Anybody know what is wrong?
> >

> Only a hint:
>
> Tried copying Qt*.dll-s beside your exe or into C:\Windows\system?
> I always had this problem (the really few times [sadly], I had to code
> Qt based sw) with having qt\bin in my PATH as well...

Never put anything into the system or system32 directories...  It's a
good way to have your systems virus protection block your app... Its
also really bad form...

If you are trying to deploy a qt app, the QT dlls need to be deployed
with it, when you create your installer, ship the necessary DLLs and
place them in the application path (or one of your own shared
directories for all your apps)

Howevre, if the DLLs are not in the same location as the executable, the
DLLs must be in your path.

This is in the "how to deploy qt applications" docs in the qt
documentation

Scott