[Qt-interest] touch screen friendly qtlistbox scrollbar

Bastiaan Naber bastiaannaber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:23:11 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm building a touch screen friendly input application:

http://bastiaannaber.com/tmp/touchscreen.png

On the screen I display a qtlistbox (sub classed).  Since this application is
running on a touch screen I need the widgets to be quite large. So I did:

setGlobalStrut(QSize(50, 50));

in my QApplication. However the scrollbar of the listbox doesn't want to obey
this. It is still way to small. I have tried everything in my power to get
this scrollbar to become larger but I haven't succeeded. Does anyone know how
to enlarge the width of scrollbar so I it more touch friendly?

What I would like even more is that the listbox wouldn't have a scrollbar but
it could be pushed up and down with a press of the finger on the list and
than moving up / down (like all the nice touch screen phone interfaces). I
have seen a movie of Qt Extended in which this behavior is implemented, is
there any way of getting it into the normal Qt as well?

BTW. I'm using Qt 3.3..

Greeting,
Bastiaan