[Qt-interest] touch screen friendly qtlistbox scrollbar

David Greaves david at dgreaves.com
Sun Mar 22 12:46:14 CET 2009

Bastiaan Naber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a touch screen friendly input application:
Me too - Nokia N800/Maemo are working on some Qt touch enhancements.

> http://bastiaannaber.com/tmp/touchscreen.png
Yep...

> What I would like even more is that the listbox wouldn't have a scrollbar but
> it could be pushed up and down with a press of the finger on the list and
> than moving up / down (like all the nice touch screen phone interfaces). I
> have seen a movie of Qt Extended in which this behavior is implemented, is
> there any way of getting it into the normal Qt as well?
>
> BTW. I'm using Qt 3.3..

First off, sorry, I'm using a more modern Qt (4.4/4.5)

However, if you are writing an opensource application and are interested, I have
a GPL licensed FingerScrollArea widget that works nicely and still allows
buttons in the scroll pane to be clicked.

Just substitute FingerScrollArea for ScrollArea and you're done :)

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQ1VlyMPYU

Whilst it was written for Qt4.4 it may be possible to use it (with some mods)
for earlier Qt apps.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."