[Qt-interest] Widget or widget to display bitmap images at 30frames per second?

Nechypurenko, Andrey (GE Healthcare) Andrey.Nechypurenko at ge.com
Mon Mar 23 09:51:21 CET 2009

Hi Ed,

>I have a security camera that streams video over the network.  I
>wrote software that decodes the video data and outputs bitmap
>frame images.  My video is coming at 30 fps, 720 x 486, 24-bits
>per pixel color.
>
>What is the highest performance method for displaying images? Is
>there a QTCreator widget I can use?  Is OpenGL a good choice?
>X-Windows?

I would suggest to create/update texture from your decoded frame and
display it on the square 3D surface with OpenGL (QGLWidget). It is
portable, allows hardware acceleration and opens the way to the cool 3D
visualization effects ;-) .

You can also take a look on the following article:
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/11/28/videos-get-pimped/

Andrey.