[Qt-interest] *** glibc detected *** ./program: double free or corruption (out): 0x08c9c938 ***

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Wed Mar 25 10:49:49 CET 2009

On Wed March 25 2009 10:37:10 R. Reucher wrote:
> > all what I want is to send from a MainWindow a signal that the plugin
> > should initiate the GLfloat values,...
>
> Which should work... but regardless of the glibc detected error you get,
> why do you emit a signal to call the initialization function? I would
> simply call it like a function (even if it's a slot). But anyway, I doubt
> there's a difference wrt the glibc detected error.
Before I still get you wrong here... when you say "plugin", what exactly do
you mean with that? If it's just another object then calling the init
function directly should be no difference to emit'ting a signal... if the
object is already "fully constructed".

If you are in doubt that this may be the case when the MainWindow constructor
is called, you should perhaps use QTimer::singleShot() instead...
--
René Reucher
rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
http://www.batcom-it.net/

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
Plus three times the square root of four,
	Divided by seven,
	Plus five times eleven,
Equals nine squared plus zero, no more.