[Qt-interest] *** glibc detected *** ./program: double free or corruption (out): 0x08c9c938 ***

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Wed Mar 25 10:50:31 CET 2009

Em Quarta-feira 25 Março 2009, às 10:30:09, miroslav escreveu:
> xCoord, yCoord, zCoord are also GLfloat..
>
> I don't get your point ("this syntax won't work anyway"). - the code I
> attached is only to show the main definitions - of course I have all
> this assignments in other files, classes.....etc
>
> all what I want is to send from a MainWindow a signal that the plugin
> should initiate the GLfloat values,...

Hello miroslav

Unfortunately, your code doesn't show enough to allow us to determine what the
problem is. Can you post a small, compilable example that shows the problem?
Take your code and start removing things you don't need to produce the error.
In the process of doing that, you may find what the issue is.

The error message you got from glibc indicates that it was asked to free a
memory address that isn't any memory block that it has allocated. I suggest
running your application under valgrind to find out more: if it is a double
free or if you're writing past the end of the block, valgrind will warn you
and you will see what's wrong.

Valgrind will not catch cases of corrupting pointers in valid memory addresses
though.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software