[Qt-interest] Bug reports for QDocumentWriter?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Wed Mar 25 23:50:27 CET 2009

Hi, lately I tried to use the QDocumentWriter to create ODF documents.
Unfortunately I must say, it simply is not worth the effort. Neither
openoffice nor koffice can render Qt-ODF documents correctly. With
openoffice even simple layouts break. A QTextFrame with
QFrameFormat::FloatLeft followed by a QTextFrame with QFrameFormat::FloatRight,
followrd by a third QTextFrame with QFrameFormat::FloatLeft again. Looks
perfectly fine in the QTextEdit widget, saves fine as html, but saved as ODF
and opened in openoffice (2.4 and 3.0) the last
QFrameFormat::FloatLeft is ignored. Everything after the
QFrameFormat::FloatRight remains right justified. This does not happen in
koffice. Both programs cannot handle centered tables. They look fine in
QTextEdit, but centering gets lost in ODF.

My problems is, is this a Qt bug, or implements Qt the ODF standard perfectly
and openoffice and koffice are buggy? Does it make sense to report
bugs like that? Especially since I have the feeling that the QText classes are
treated somewhat poorly.

Regards,
Guido