[Qt-interest] minimumSize and minimumSizeHint

Максим Егоров m_v_egorov at mail.ru
Thu Mar 26 15:44:15 CET 2009

Hi all
I have a little question about Qt. What is the difference between
minimumSize and minimumSizeHint. For example, i have a QMainWindow that
has  QTreeView widget and  QLineEdit and QListView widgets combined by
QVBoxLayout. I set minimumSize property for QTreeView widget. Then I try
to lay out horizonally QTreeView with another widgets by QSplitter.
However QSplitter truncate QTreeView and dosnt consider minimumSize
propery. More over when i try to adujst size QMainWindow the QMainWindow
shrink to QSize(0, 0). Is it normal behavior? Or for what purposes does
the minimumSize property uses in Qt Desiner.

P.S. Sorry for my English