[Qt-interest] Access QItemDelegate editor

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Sat Mar 28 00:54:42 CET 2009

I have a custom QItemDelegate which creates a QLineEdit. I need to, at
some point after editing has begun, programatically change the
contents. For that, obviously, I need to obtain a pointer to the
editor. How can I do this? I tried simply saving the pointer as a
member of the delegate when I create the editor, but that gives me a
compile error "assignment of data member in read-only structure". I
suppose I could use a global variable, but I have had really bad luck
with those, and really don't want to anyway.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd