[Qt-interest] Fontconfig rule matching bug in Qt-4

Thomas Frenzel syslock at gmx.de
Sun Mar 29 06:06:31 CEST 2009

Hello again,

I did a little debugging myself and created a tiny hack, that results in
Latin characters being rendered in the desired pixel size, while the
globally configured larger pixel size of Chinese characters is still
ignored. The "hack" just comments out the second of to consecutive calls
to FcConfigSubstitute in qfontdatabase_x11.cpp. I doubt, that this is a
solution, but it might help tracking down the root of the problem. See
appendix for the patch against qt-x11-opensource-src-4.5.0.

Regards,
Thomas