[Qt-interest] QTreeView Wierdness with OS X Cocoa Qt 4.5.0

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:05:45 CET 2009

I have an application that uses a QTreeView with a custom TreeModel
implementation. When I build against Qt 4.5 (Cocoa 32 Bit) the top few
items do not seem to receive any mouse clicks. I can use the keyboard
arrow key to highlight the top (root) item then use the arrow key again
to reveal but it takes a few of these iterations to finally be able to
let the mouse have any effect on the tree view (like showing and
hiding) nodes.

  Has anyone else seen anything like this? When I recompile against a
32 bit Qt 4.4.3 build (Carbon) the tree acts just fine.

I have not compiled against a carbon Qt 4.5 though to see if it is the
Cocoa/Carbon thing or the 4.4 to 4.5 thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Jackson