[Qt-interest] QTreeView Wierdness with OS X Cocoa Qt 4.5.0

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:20:47 CET 2009

On 2009-03-28 11:05:45 -0400, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> said:

> I have an application that uses a QTreeView with a custom TreeModel
> implementation. When I build against Qt 4.5 (Cocoa 32 Bit) the top few
> items do not seem to receive any mouse clicks. I can use the keyboard
> arrow key to highlight the top (root) item then use the arrow key again
> to reveal but it takes a few of these iterations to finally be able to
> let the mouse have any effect on the tree view (like showing and
> hiding) nodes.
>
>   Has anyone else seen anything like this? When I recompile against a
> 32 bit Qt 4.4.3 build (Carbon) the tree acts just fine.
>
> I have not compiled against a carbon Qt 4.5 though to see if it is the
> Cocoa/Carbon thing or the 4.4 to 4.5 thing.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mike Jackson

I also noticed the same issues with Qt Designer and the tool pallettes,
specifically the Object Inspector. The same issues happen there also. I
can not use the mouse to make a selection (single or double click). Not
sure if this is all related but might seem to be.

 Also, this is with a new Mac Pro if that matters at all.

Thanks
Mike Jackson