[Qt-interest] Phonon + QWidget?! It's a problem!

Luiz Vitor Martinez Cardoso grabber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 16:54:31 CEST 2009

Hello guy,

I'm very new to Qt developing and them I decided to start writing some
simple applications to undestand how the stuffs realy works. I'm trying to
do a simple video player using the Phonon library.

But now I have a problem that I can't undestand very well. Please look at
the bold line at main.cpp! What I need to pass in "<???>"?

I wrote a main.cpp file:

#include <QApplication>
#include <Phonon/VideoPlayer>
#include "ui_layout.h"

using namespace Phonon;

int main(int argc, char *argv[]){
    QApplication a(argc, argv);

    QWidget *main = new QWidget;
    Ui::Form gui;
    gui.setupUi(main);

 *   VideoPlayer *player = new VideoPlayer(VideoCategory, <???>);*

    QObject::connect(gui.pushButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), main,
SLOT(close()));

    main->show();

    a.exec();
}

Build a simple interface with QtDesigner:

/********************************************************************************
** Form generated from reading ui file 'layout.ui'
**
** Created: Sun Mar 29 11:48:19 2009
**      by: Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.5.0
**
** WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost when recompiling ui
file!
********************************************************************************/

#ifndef UI_LAYOUT_H
#define UI_LAYOUT_H

#include <QtCore/QVariant>
#include <QtGui/QAction>
#include <QtGui/QApplication>
#include <QtGui/QButtonGroup>
#include <QtGui/QHeaderView>
#include <QtGui/QPushButton>
#include <QtGui/QWidget>

QT_BEGIN_NAMESPACE

class Ui_Form
{
public:
    QPushButton *pushButton;
    QWidget *video_widget;

    void setupUi(QWidget *Form)
    {
        if (Form->objectName().isEmpty())
            Form->setObjectName(QString::fromUtf8("Form"));
        Form->resize(557, 493);
        pushButton = new QPushButton(Form);
        pushButton->setObjectName(QString::fromUtf8("pushButton"));
        pushButton->setGeometry(QRect(260, 440, 113, 32));
        video_widget = new QWidget(Form);
        video_widget->setObjectName(QString::fromUtf8("video_widget"));
        video_widget->setGeometry(QRect(140, 210, 120, 80));

        retranslateUi(Form);

        QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName(Form);
    } // setupUi

    void retranslateUi(QWidget *Form)
    {
        Form->setWindowTitle(QApplication::translate("Form", "Form", 0,
QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
        pushButton->setText(QApplication::translate("Form", "PushButton", 0,
QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
        Q_UNUSED(Form);
    } // retranslateUi

};

namespace Ui {
    class Form: public Ui_Form {};
} // namespace Ui

QT_END_NAMESPACE

#endif // UI_LAYOUT_H

Thank you very much!

--
Regards,

Luiz Vitor Martinez Cardoso
cel.: (11) 8187-8662
blog: rubz.org
engineer student at maua.br

"Posso nunca chegar a ser o melhor engenheiro do mundo, mas tenha certeza de
que eu vou lutar com todas as minhas forças para ser o melhor engenheiro que
eu puder ser"