[Qt-interest] Menu Bar on Cocoa becomes disabled with Qt 4.5

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Mon Mar 30 18:12:41 CEST 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 7:09 AM, Mike Jackson wrote:

> I have an application that I compiled against Qt 4.5 built with Cocoa.
> The issue that I am seeing is that when my Application uses its menu
> open a file (standard File->Open) using the standard Qt file dialogs
> and after the method has returned and my file is opened in my
> application all the menus are now disabled (grayed out). If I click to
> another application (any other one) and then click back on my
> application to activate it then the menus return to the normal state
> again.
>
>  Anyone have any ideas what the problems might be? Same code compiled
> against Qt 4.4.3 (Carbon) works just fine.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.

For what it is worth, I have also noticed similar issues with the Qt
4.5 cocoa build- in my case, though, it was that the menu items
weren't being disabled, even though I explicitly asked for them to be.
The same code compiled against a non-cocoa (i.e. carbon) build of 4.5
worked fine. I posted about this here a while ago (as well as some
window positioning issues I was experiencing only in the coca build)
under the subject "Qt 4.5.0 cocoa build issues", but no one responded.
I wouldn't be surprised if your issues were simply another
manifestation of the same problem. And no, I haven't figured out any
work-arounds, sorry :)
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.