[Qt-interest] Menu Bar on Cocoa becomes disabled with Qt 4.5

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:09:33 CET 2009

I have an application that I compiled against Qt 4.5 built with Cocoa.
The issue that I am seeing is that when my Application uses its menu to
open a file (standard File->Open) using the standard Qt file dialogs
and after the method has returned and my file is opened in my
application all the menus are now disabled (grayed out). If I click to
another application (any other one) and then click back on my
application to activate it then the menus return to the normal state
again.

  Anyone have any ideas what the problems might be? Same code compiled
against Qt 4.4.3 (Carbon) works just fine.

 Thanks for any pointers.

Mike Jackson