[Qt-interest] QAccessible

David Ching dc at remove-this.dcsoft.com
Thu Apr 1 15:26:46 CEST 2010

"Kanitz, Annett" <Annett.Kanitz at dzb.de> wrote in message
news:59182F4ACF126B4795BDFE539DA00F8FB401FA at DZBXC02.dzb.de...
> That didn't help either :(
> I can run my program now, but JAWS 10.0 doesn't read the text
> QPlainTextEdit.
> I can hear which key I type, but when I switch to that line later JAWS
> remains silent.
> When I use WinCheat now ther's a border around the application and one
> around the edit field.
> Could this be up to my JAWS version or some missing libaries?
> I can't imagine, that it's so hard to make an accessible application.

Sorry Annett.  Qt is working as best it can if a) it is generating a HWND
for the text edit (and WinCheat seems to be saying it is); b) the
qaccessible4.dll plugin has been loaded into your app's process (Process
Explorer is saying it is).

But a simple text edit control is read properly by JAWS 9 for me (haven't
tried Jaws 10 yet).  Try a QTextEdit instead of a QPlainTextEdit.  Does Jaws
read the name of your text edit?  Try editing the accessibleName() property
and see if Jaws reads it when you set focus to the control.

-- David