[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 23:20:12 CEST 2010

Well first some statistics are in order.

Nokia owns 51% of the market (http://stats.getjar.com/statistics/) far above th enext competitor (13%)
I could see why they are hesitant to support Android or iPhone, they numerically speaking don't look relevant. But Qt only works on S60 devices or better.S40 is the most popular device...

Having Qt support itself (Nokia) plus one other platform (Android, iPhone) would be sufficient to get apps made in Qt and deployed on both. Given th inertia and licenses, it seems that iPhone would be the way to go. Android you'd have to go through Java load the native library, and it would end up looking nothing like a Qt app. Maybe Jambi could help, but I have no idea. I think the iPhone port would be the easiest to accomplish.With this unholy alliance, I could see the third (Android) taking a hit as developers signed on. But you'd also be enabling your best/worst competitor.

The problem is the US market is nothing like the world market. But the US market will buy the most/higher priced apps.