[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Efan... efanharris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:28:56 CEST 2010

Undoubtedly S60/40 has largest share, but if we consider Qt punch line "Qt
Every where" then apart from Nokia mobile platform there are two major
platform iphone and Android is coming up to the world and Personally think
that after few years from now These three platform will rule the mobile
world.

I know Qt has capability to work on all these platform (with little or
little more tweak). Why not port Qt for these platform This will for sure
justify "Qt Every where"

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Jason H <scorp1us at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well first some statistics are in order.
>
> Nokia owns 51% of the market (http://stats.getjar.com/statistics/) far
> above th enext competitor (13%)
> I could see why they are hesitant to support Android or iPhone, they
> numerically speaking don't look relevant. But Qt only works on S60 devices
> or better.S40 is the most popular device...
>
> Having Qt support itself (Nokia) plus one other platform (Android, iPhone)
> would be sufficient to get apps made in Qt and deployed on both. Given th
> inertia and licenses, it seems that iPhone would be the way to go. Android
> you'd have to go through Java load the native library, and it would end up
> looking nothing like a Qt app. Maybe Jambi could help, but I have no idea. I
> think the iPhone port would be the easiest to accomplish.With this unholy
> alliance, I could see the third (Android) taking a hit as developers signed
> on. But you'd also be enabling your best/worst competitor.
>
> The problem is the US market is nothing like the world market. But the US
> market will buy the most/higher priced apps.

Efan Harris