[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 18:35:33 CEST 2010

Well, I do think that is somewhat of a saving grace. That is, there is little standardization on the iPhone/Pad interfaces. They are designed for touch, which is completely different than mouse, and multi-touch at that. My use of Qt in tablets (old school, laptops with flip screens) showed me that. (You need to set Global Strut Size, at a minimum).

The more I think about it the more important I think it is to get Qt onto Android/iPhone/Pad devices. If this is the growth sector of computing (and it looks like it is... aka "computers in the bedroom") The only concern I would have is would these few OS platforms just be a flash in the pan, before we transition to full OSs on them? I think it is doubtful because full-blown OSs don't take into battery management and location-awareness to the same degree that these portable OSs have to. Will Qt miss the boat?

Thiago, you don't have to say anything.I know, numbers vs resources... ;-)