[Qt-interest] How to debug memory leaks in QT based application?

Nicolas Rannou nicolas_rannou at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 9 15:48:40 CEST 2010

Hello,

We are developing an application based on different c++ libraries
including QT.
When we want to track memory leaks in the application, we usually use
Valgrind.

The problem is that as soon as we use something from QT in our
application, Valgrind reports a lot of memory leaks inside QT (not
related to our application)... So it is almost impossible to find the
leaks I am interested in.

Do you know why Valgrind reports these leaks?
Do you know how to debug memory leaks in a QT based application?
(I would like to avoid writing a huge suppression file for Valgrind)
Is Valgrind well suited for that or would you suggest to use something else?

Thanks,

     Nicolas