[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Apr 13 08:27:27 CEST 2010

Em Terça-feira 13. Abril 2010, às 07.51.03, Ross Bencina escreveu:
> I am sick of upgrading to a new "stable" build only to find new GUI
> rendering bugs on Mac and/or Windows. I am not a tester, I am a customer!
>
> I would prefer it if Nokia allocated more QA resources to commercial
> builds  of Qt for Windows and Mac.

There are far more QA resources allocated to Qt than ever before. I don't know
the exact number, but I think the QA dept. for Qt has grown over 200% in size
since the 4.5 times.

We have also more strict commit rules, with strict unit test enforcing. This
should help us avoid most kinds of regressions.

The Mac developer group has also grown.

That's not to say everything is fine. But it is to say that we are not
neglecting anybody.

Anyway, if you want to raise a complaint, please do so via the support people.
I'm serious: your feedback is extremely relevant. Having the Support lead come
to the table with hard data that says "people are complaining about the
quality of the Mac and Windows port" means having to allocate people to
address that.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358