[Qt-interest] A question about MDI

Wm. G. Urquhart wgu at wurquhart.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 13:09:39 CEST 2010

Hi List,

I really just need to check that I won't be wasting my time. I want to
write and MDI application that will contain 'documents' that will have
no real user interaction on 'internal' feedback. Each of these
'documents' is a mathematical problem being solved and with solution
times of up to about 12 minutes I want to keep the UI updated.

Each of the documents' solver provide information about their progress
that I want to display on the document's interface. But am I right in
thinking this won't happen due to the way MDI works. I.E. the interface
will only get updated when the user (or application) gives it focus. The
actual solve process will of course be on a thread within the 'document'.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

--
William